Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #14
Vibeman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #17235
I have been using Stabil Storage (red) in all my engines stored over the winter for a long time. It is readily available around here and I never looked for anything else because it always seemed to work well. When I saw all the people that used Stabil 360 Marine (I don’t recall ever seeing this product on a store shelf but I never looked for it either) it prompted me to do a little research. The following info comes from what appears to be the manufacturer’s website (goldeagle.com) It looks like the main advantage to the red product is that it is good for 2 years while the others are only good for 1 year, but the major disadvantage is that the red costs almost twice as much per gallon of fuel treated. Since I never store an engine for longer than 6-7 months (Michigan winter) it would seem the Marine product does what I need it to do and is more cost effective for me. I will be looking for it the next time I purchase fuel stabilizer.

Stabil Storage (red) $7.99 for 10 ounces, one ounce treats 2.5 gallons ($0.32/gallon of fuel treated)
• America’s #1 Fuel Stabilizer Treatment
• Keeps fuel fresh for long term storage – up to 24 months
• Eliminates the need to drain fuel prior to storage
• Ensures quick easy starts after storage by preventing gum and varnish build up*
• Effective in all gasoline, including Ethanol and Non-Ethanol
• For all gasoline engines, including 2-Cycle. Use in your vehicles, motorcycles, small engines, generators, boats

Stabil 360 Protection (gold) $8.99 for 10 ounce one ounce treats 5 gallons (($0.18/gallon of fuel treated)
• America’s #1 Ethanol Treatment
• Use STA-BIL 360 Protection at every fill-up
• Keeps fuel fresh for up to 12 months
• STA-BIL 360 Protection cleans the fuel system to increase power and fuel efficiency
• Prevents corrosion caused by moisture and today’s ethanol blended fuels
• For all gasoline engines, including 2-Cycle. Use in your vehicles, outdoor power equipment, motorcycles and other small engine vehicles, etc.
• Ultimate treatment and protection against Ethanol blended fuels, Non-Ethanol Fuels & condensation

Stabil 360 Marine (blue) $15.99 for 10 ounce, one ounce treats 10 gallons ($0.16/gallon of fuel treated)
• America’s most trusted fuel additive brand
• Engineered to combat the effects of harsh marine climates
• Ultimate defense against the harmful effects of ethanol blended fuels
• Industry leading water removal properties
• Cleans the fuel system and ensures your engine is operating at peak performance
• Keeps fuel fresh for up to 12 months
• Ideal for boats, jet ski’s and other watersport engines

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum