Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 03:21 AM   #6
Tinman2111

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Utah
THOR #18374
Well, I guess I can call off the posse. The tech called me (working late to fix my RV) and said he located the issue. He found a 2/0 cable in the battery compartment that was sharing a common positive post with three other positive cables. He said it was intermittently shorting. Fixed it and he said everything is great now! I asked him what the shorting cable was used for and he said he didn't even know, but said it was capable of carrying greater than 60 amps and being that he shared its circuit when he did the install, it tripped the breaker for the DC to DC charger.

And Bob, I not embarrassed for being RV illiterate, I'm only embarrassed by the stupid crap I've done because of my illiteracy!! I wear my my noob RV badge with pride!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum