Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance
Personally, I wouldn't assume that. It's possible the owners couldn't get bugs worked out which may be why they are selling it.
Yeah I had that in there but removed it--wanted to stay positive; but yeah it is possible they dumped a lemon and ran as fast as they could.

If it was a lemon, however, I would suspect it would have fewer miles on it than 4000. Our very first camper was a lemon. We had it for only a year before getting rid of it and we didn't have nearly 4000 miles on it (since it was a trailer and they don't have an odometer I'd have to estimate based on the few trips we took).

There is someone on this forum that had their Axis/Vegas for only a year and then upgraded to an ACE--they liked it but it was too small for them.

The reason they got rid of it could be anything.

Another good indicator is we really don't have that many Axis/Vegas owners coming on here complaining about a crappy unit (yeah ok there was the one with the bad axle that locked up). The ones that do complain about their unit sitting at the dealers lot for months on end for repairs seem to really be the dealer's fault making them leave their unit while they wait for parts and then the dealer not doing the fixes correctly.

It really seems to come down to finding a good dealer that will stand behind their service dept.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum