Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 12:30 AM   #22
EarlyRV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Montana
THOR #16625
The batteries still seem to be OK. I thought I would run down some of the problems and things I learned.

The breaker that is under the stairs beside the batteries somehow got tripped. I didn't notice it tripped as it would be very hard to casually notice it because of where it was and because everything was powered up from shore power. Might be a good idea to add it to the list of things to check periodically when storing while connected to shore power.

Batteries that are completely dead will not recharge from dead just on shore power. This is by design. Thanks for the info from this forum. I hooked up my trickle charger for a while and all three batteries started to charge fairly quickly.

There is sufficient parasitic drain to kill all three batteries in less than a month. I don't know exactly when they died, but it had been about a month since I last ran the coach and generator.

The mold under the dash still has me pretty annoyed. The only way it could have gotten in there was from below. I now have to find a good way of sealing that to prevent future mold forming there.

Thanks again for all of the great information.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.