Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 PM   #54
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatwate View Post
When I saw this topic I did a double-take. We just discovered 3 days ago that our catalytic converter had been stolen. There were some other MHs at the storage lot that also had theirs stolen.

We haven't taken ours in yet as we are waiting for a call back from our insurance, but the shop we would take it to said it could cost anywhere from $3,000-$7,000 to fix depending on which of three converters was needed and how much additional damage was done in the process. Of course, a part of that quote would be the labor charge.

My sympathies! Suggest taking your VIN to Ford parts counter and getting a price for the actual converter you need. Mine was $1700 including the O2 sensor that goes with it. My lowlife was relatively thoughtful and cut the converter out downstream of the head pipe so putting the new one in will be a simple matter of two bolts. If it had been cut ahead of the coupler it might require huge parts and labor all the way to both manifolds. If I had been able to find a quality aftermarket converter for under $1000 I’d probably have done the repair myself. As it is I’m expecting the bill to be in the $2000 range. We’ll have to see what the shop markup is though. Alas, the Ford parts still are back ordered. Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum