Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 12:34 AM   #89
shannon@sparkrepair.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #21336
I happened to me

I had no idea this was a thing. but thank YAH I was going slow when my hitch let go. I had been traveling 55-65 MPH for a few days..and at a red light a guy yelled out of his truck that I was "dragging"...as I pulled over the hitch let loose all the way and slid into a ditch after banging into the rear of my RV. I am so glad nobody was hurt..the break away cable was attached to the hitch..and that trailer would have been a missile if it broke on the highway. I called AAA to get the trailer, just to find out they cover nearly every type trailer EXCEPT one towing a car...go figure. I was able to get the trailer back with the help of a friend and will be figuring out a repair with a local shop soon....any advice on how to repair the missing "chunk" out of the frame would be appreciated. I was thinking to just get the sheared metal welded back in, then add another bar of metal to the frame and weld it in, then bolt a new class 5 hitch to it... any and all input appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	27335   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	27336  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1625.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	27337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1628.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	27338  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.