Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #108
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmsy View Post
I'm new to RV'ing and we did our first overnight winter dry camping trip this last weekend and stayed at a Harvest Hosts winery that's quite close to us...we were testing our 'boondocking' skills...it was cold but we still enjoyed it...we're in Oregon...
...our Thor Citation 24SJ had zero tolerance for powering anything that had A/C needs including the coffee maker or the Induction Plate...the generator appeared to want to run at all times...in the Thor specs it say that 'Converter Amps' are 45...so x 12V is that only 540 watt capability?...shouldn't it be more than that?...or am I reading the specs wrong and there's just some kind of fault with the installed inverter?...is there a mod to get more watts available that even a dufus can install?...
Had lots of other concerns but this is the most critical...other 'debilitations' of note were the tankless hot water suddenly going off, water flow pulsing, dinette footrest collapsing,...
(...we used all of the 40 gallons of water but only 3 gallons of propane in the one night...:-)...cheers Harmsy, (Ian)
My water pump always pulses. Did in last unit I had as well. Probably has to do with quality of water pump installed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.