Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 09:29 PM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
I am hoping this forum is being monitored by Reps from THOR or FORD. I think this will be the best place to ask the question (hopefully based on member experience or THOR or FORD Representative).

We just purchased a 2021 ACE 33.1

I did some readings from this forum about enhancements to the suspension on this coach to make the driving more stable. I am decided on replacing the Front Stabilizer, adding Rear Stabilizer and adding Sumo Springs Front and Rear.

Before we signed the documents, I asked the finance manager if doing such additions/modifications will VOID the warranty. He said YES. Unless I have those done by their In-House technicians and purchase the parts through their shop. That will cover the factory warranty.

So what is the true deal with the warranty via FORD and THOR?

I really think the upgrades I mentioned above will greatly improve the safety and handling of our coach.

What you all think???
First of all Thor MC is not certified to do any chassis modifications. To modify the Ford F-53 chassis in any way requires a training course and mechanic certification by Ford. Drawings, material specifications, mechanic/welder certification must also the submitted for approval prior to any modification. Again Thor Inc. does not posses any of these certifications. All Thor MC, Jayco MC and Entegra Coach chassis (Ford, Freightliner and Sparain) are modified by MorRyde International. Only MorRyde posses the engineers and fabricators to modify the chassis. Thor Inc send the house specifications to MorRyde and they do the design and modification to the specified chassis.

By the way, Ford's super duty truck division in Louisville or Ford's medium duty truck division in Avon Lake does not assemble the F53 chassis. F-53 stripped chassis has always been assembled by Detroit Chassis in Detroit, Michigan. Detroit Chassis licensed and certified by Ford so you get the standard Ford truck stripped chassis warranty.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum