Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #38
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Neal View Post
@16ACE27 Thank you for the link to boatingmag.com.

@Beau388 Thank you for your input. Very interesting. One of the articles I referenced on Google said State-Bil is a glycol that forms a thin barrier on the surface of the gasoline, thereby preventing contact with water vapor in the air. That doesn't explain Sta-Bil's claim that it's an antioxidant.

I hope other posts will provide more facts and insights regarding this issue.
Well I am just an AE but my younger brother is a CE. When he was the CEO of a well known German chemical company headquartered in Cincinnati, I ask him about Gold Eagle and their products. He the one that told me about the anti-oxidant as his company sold it to Gold Eagle. His company is big into UV stabilizers for plastics and paints so anti-oxidants would be in the same line. As for the idea you can lower the Reid vapor pressure without physically changing the hydrocarbon mix in gasoline (Summer vs the Winter blend) is foreign to me. I am also a believer in 303 Aerospace Protectant another Gold Eagle Brand
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.