Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: ATS failure
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #6
BobPetit

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 35M
State: Massachusetts
THOR #13212
Had the same problem with my 35M. I had a bad connector on the male side of my cord. It worked fine on most 50amp but if I used an adapter for 20 or 30amp plugs, it gave me trouble. After I replaced that I found the second culprit. Thor likes to gang up all the ground wires into connectors and then screw them into a ground block. I found two of the gang connectors were not pintched correctly and I was getting bad grounds which caused havac in so many different ways. So put a meter on your cord and make sure you have no connectivity between the 4 poles in the cord. Then tug on all the white wires where all your electrical connections are. Make sure everything is tight and secure. Took me a whole season of wierd power disconnects and drained house batteries until I finally found it. Absolutely no issues this year now that the grounds are all solid.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.