Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 02:10 AM   #13
Aussie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger GT
State: Washington
THOR #4517
Here is how I apparently solved this issue, I think.

I have a 2016 Challenger GT. I had similar issues when I put the RV in storage. I would flick the “Storage” switch, which would activate a solenoid next to the convertor under the sink, but there was apparently always some very slow draw (Radio, USB charging light, always something small but always on). The final solution for me was to install a physical disconnect on both sets of batteries. On the chassis battery I installed Ampper Top Post Knife Blade Master Switch directly on the battery post) and on the house battery bank I installed a Audew Battery Disconnect Switch on the positive side of the battery. So now when I am storing the RV with no power hookup, I disconnect both sets of batteries. Seems to work. I use a Victron battery monitor, which I trust, and that has shown marked improvements on this configuration.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum