Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:03 AM   #4
Notoriousj123

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #21362
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryS View Post
Something else I just noticed. The large red wire apparently going to the right solenoid, should not be going there. It looks like it should be going to the copper plate attached to the right side of the solenoid. The only wires that should go to the two terminals on the front of the solenoids are small signal wires, one 12vdc and one ground. When you took stuff apart to replace the solenoids, did you take pictures before?

edit; in fact, I don't believe that larger red wire should be attached to both solenoids at all. That would tie both together all the time.
On the attached photo, #1 are the input wires (why 2?) from the circuit breaker(#4), #2 is the red wire attaching from the input side of the solenoid going over to the control tap for the other solenoid. #3 is where the input for the second solenoid should be, but I don't see anything attached. #5 are two DC breakers, but I can't see what is connected to them. According to what I can see, there isn't an input wire to the right hand solenoid, and it shouldn't be coming from the left hand solenoid in any case. It should come from one of the breakers marked #5, and the other side of the breaker should be coming from the battery bank, either house or chassis, as I can't tell from the picture which is which.
Harry, thanks for your reply, and let me apologize - I'm only now seeing what lousy picture this is. I didn't take a picture beforehand and the wife was calling so I Judy slapped it back together for a picture to see if anyone recognized the setup. The nut / screw were in place. The white (and lage red, which isn't connected to the solenoid but is just hanging) along with an orange all connect to the motherboard which goes infront. Everything is tight, and the solenoids will not switch off even with the generator running, so I assume its getting 12 v. There are indeed wires connect to the breakers from behind. BTW, what is the function of these breakers? At one point I heard rapid clicking from this area.

I suppose I'm assuming that both breakers being shot AND having a dud replacement isn't what im dealing with- it seems unlikely.

Do you know if there is Amy component in between the solenoid and the switch?

I'm assuming these solenoids make some sound when changing states - could i safely test them by *momentarily * applying 12v directly?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum