Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #42
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My horrible is probably far beyond some people's horrible.
We adapt easily.
I guess after the second set of anything happening like trucks passing or side gusts and that we brought it 2,200 miles on the weekend the east coast closed down Halloween due to weather and little Rock flooded, I guess we just got used to it.
Maybe the first three tornados steeled us.

Punchline:
Even with a baziliion dollar front end, some folks won't be comfortable.
I hate Lincoln Town cars. Hard for me to keep one between the lines. Drifty bastards make me carsick even if I'm driving.

I wouldn't take anyone's word for a damn thing about suspension until I had a few miles on it.
But
$3,000 for suspension work is either truly valuable or placebo valuable.
And $3k is cheap money to spend to get a spousal unit to quit harping, placebo or not.
I had a Jayco with the Hellwig suspension and it was junk. I feel sorry for people that don't even have that. Ford knows that everyone needs to install 3,000 dollars of upgrades or more but they don't change anything. Why don't large chassis use a form of rack and pinion steering instead of rope tied to the front axle to steer? Ford could have fixed this years ago. They knew there's a problem but because they sell all the large chassis and no competition why change. I wish they had competition things would change quickly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum