Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 01:55 AM   #89
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by werbrichfamily View Post
We had our catalytic converter stolen in late August. It's stored at a lot with many other RV's. I filed a police report and brought it to a Ford Truck dealership repair shop (recommended by our RV repair shop) in mid September. They finally called and said it was done! 9 weeks they couldn't find a cat. converter anywhere. They called a few weeks ago and found one, but they had to charge me more. What started out at about $2100, now will cost $2900! Insurance paid for initial and I will go back to them and try to get remainder.

To say how upset I have been about all this isn't even the start of it. We missed out on camping for all fall too. For some lowlife to get about $100 for scrap of it. I know there is a supply chain issue. Doesn't make it better. The police did catch someone cutting cats in a parking lot not far from us. Hopefully, it was this guy that got ours. Throw the book at them!

I've debated where to store our RV this point forward. All RV lots in the area are open like a store and lock place. They can get to it almost anywhere if they wanted. We've kept our RV at the same place for well over 10 years without incident. Sign of the times? 2020? There are no indoor facilities anywhere near us and HOA won't let us keep it at house.

In any event, I ordered a catstrap and cateye to attach to the RV to at least make it harder. We'll see how that goes when it comes in. A cat cage didn't seem to be as secure when they can cut beyond it. I'm also going to move the RV closer to the lot owners house as well.

Here's to a better 2021!

I’m sorry it happened to you too! It’s bad enough that it happens but having to wait maybe months because replacement are back ordered is REALLY frustrating! And of course it might happen again the day after it’s repaired.

I looked up the Catstrap and it does seem like a better attempt than a cage. But it looks like it just attaches with metal zip ties. Doesn’t that defeat the whole thing?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum