Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 03:48 AM   #30
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Earth based ASTRnomy is going to be hobbiest territory.
Cheap satellite means cheap wireless telescopes.
Except for vla{very large array} stuff(and I'll betcha a dog turd to a donut starlink lasers are capable of vla) it's all a dying dinosaur.
Why would you want a mirror impacted by humidity which costs 18 million bucks, when $3,000,000 gets you a no impact 24 hour satellite scope with a remote view and not needing to be manned or heated or dehumidified and take days to aim only to be foiled by cloud cover? While starlink is pointing wifi downward, imagine what it can point upward....
Imagine them twisted just right to focus those those 42,000 bits of sunlight wherever they want, focused like a laser or spread out to warm a cloud...or focused on the ass-end of a spaceship needing a boost....

It's an antique thinking process to worry about how jet planes impacted steam driven farm tractors.

Cars displaced horse stables in downtown New York.
Alas Horatio, I lament and wish it to have never ended.

The wifi is a side job at starlink....
People are easy.

I'm fine with it all. I'm just sayin'.
Wake up a bit.

No conspiracy theory. Just a guy who can't pick up a crushed soda can without imagining what it might be good for in a pinch or for a profit.
I can think of a LOT of things to do with 42,000 mega light reflectors....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum