Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Dead House Batteries

Howdy all!

So I went to pull my 2015 Tuscany XTE 36MQ out of storage today to have a state inspection and the 1 yr Freightliner maintenance performed. Coach started right up with no issues. However, the house batteries are dead.

I had it last out on 22 Dec and had no issues at that time. Generator ran for 3-4 hours and ran it 40 miles on the roads. Weather was colder before Christmas (single digits) than we have had since, so I don't think the weather played a factor - but maybe it did.

• Chassis batteries were manually disconnected and house batteries disconnected via the electronic rocker switch (Hmmm....I think I did!). Yes, I did try turning on the house batteries to no avail.
  • I cannot get the generator to start - does the generator start off the house batteries?
  • all the lights were flashing on the leveler panel - I'm guessing this is a function of the dead house batteries?
  • I put a volt meter on the batteries, with the engine running, voltage read ~ .8 volts - is this the alternator charging the batteries?
  • Did not think to measure the batteries with the
  • Checked all the water levels, everything appears good with water over the lead.
I did read through this thread http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...bies-1286.html.

I've ordered the B&K Precision 316 so once I get the batteries recharged, I can see if I have some sort of draw.

How does one go about re-charging the house batteries? Via the generator? How can I get the generator to start?

Thanks for any thoughts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum