Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:38 PM   #17
mburns884

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #20830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Ok that sound safer.

But 2000 watts total on an "extention cord".
Cords! Two heavy duty extension cords. One for each heater. As I set all of that up I was concerned about putting two heaters on one cord so as with any RV project, I went and spent a little more money! Might have been OK, but the last thing I needed was to throw a breaker at 1am as the temp went down to 24.

Update: As of 7am when I went to check on it, both heaters were working fine. Temp inside was over 60 degrees. All fresh water lines were fine and system pressurized just fine when the faucets were closed and water pump was on.

One more night of this and I should be off work early enough there is still daylight outside, and I am going to just do a partial winterization ... this is more trouble that just flusing out the anti-freeze on the Gulf Shores trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum