Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 07:04 PM   #5
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg84 View Post
I had it last out on 22 Dec and had no issues at that time. Generator ran for 3-4 hours and ran it 40 miles on the roads.
Was the use/store switch in 'use' position? Otherwise won't charge the coach batteries..

Quote:
[*]Chassis batteries were manually disconnected and house batteries disconnected via the electronic rocker switch (Hmmm....I think I did!).
If the switch was left in 'use', it certainly would have drained the batteries.

Quote:
[*]I cannot get the generator to start - does the generator start off the house batteries?
Typically yes... The jump switch Jamie mentioned can help if those are low.. But may not if really dead.

Quote:
[*]all the lights were flashing on the leveler panel - I'm guessing this is a function of the dead house batteries?
I'd expect the leveled to be on chassis batteries.

Quote:
[*]I put a volt meter on the batteries, with the engine running, voltage read ~ .8 volts - is this the alternator charging the batteries?
8 volt is dead. 0.8 is very dead..

Quote:
How does one go about re-charging the house batteries? Via the generator? How can I get the generator to start?
I would would disconnect the coach batteries from the coach and each other and use an automotive charger to see if they will take a charge...
If they are that low and froze - they may not recharge.

With coach batteries disconnected, the jump switch may start the generator if needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.