Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #15
shi ammi

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG32 Magnitude
State: Alaska
THOR #21373
I just realized that I forgot to tell everyone we're currently residing in Florida. My husband was military for 32 years and that's how we got here. But he's retired now and after 30 years of me...he wants to go to Alaska (that's where we first met), as much as ...well you already know.

But it's this business right here (source https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...28&postcount=9), that I'm trying to understand, quoting pertinent, "Also, in a motorhome that small .....[u]nless the driver and passenger are 300 pounds each traveling with a 100 pound dog 1000 pounds of capacity can be quite a bit if one is selective in what they pack."

My husband might be almost 170, and me maybe as much as 125, altho, I hope not that much. My two white shepherds together, 130ish tops, the Chihuahua, at most 3, and the cat, around 8. That's 436~esque total pounds. Does that count toward GCVW? Apparently, yes...I guess.

Now, let's say my family members are gonna want to go for a ride in Taj when we finally arrive in Alaska. Do I ask their individual weight? Aaaaaa!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum