Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 08:28 PM   #48
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Pete=I think what he actually said was that redundant breakers were unnecessary. And that is correct. The breaker you and I are discussing is different than that. We have discussed a single 50amp breaker being the only protection in the line. That is incorrect. If you were to install a 15 or 20 amp, depending on the wire size, immediately after the splice that would be correct and protect the down line wire and device.

For background=I am a retired electrical engineer and master electrician with over 40 years experience. I was licensed to both design and install in 18 United States, parts of Canada and parts of Mexico. Did not do residential work. Commercial and industrial only. My favorite was design/build work but we did installs for lots of others. Enjoyed it tremendously but got tired and decided to travel 20 years ago. Don't get my feet wet much any more and have decided 2020 will be the last year to keep any license in effect. Too costly to keep if you don't use them.

Like I said-sorry if you were offended in the beginning.

Bill

I wasn’t the one offended! But glad to confirm that my understanding and my wiring is correct. Actually, I suppose I should add a 30A breaker at the ATS for the same reason - to protect the 10 ga coach wiring that goes to the factory breaker panel. But I think I’ll take my chances on that 5 foot piece of wire.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum