Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #84
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Redlands View Post
...cut...

The key for me was to separate the wires and verify the connections before installing them on the LBIM. There are really only (1) the wire carrying current from the chassis battery, (2) the wire carrying current from the cabin batteries, (3) a ground, (4) a wire that is only hot when the ignition is on and (5) the wire that triggers a connection when the switch that connects the batteries to effect a jump start is energized.

On my rig, there is a heavy gauge wire connected to the positive post of the chassis battery that, when followed, connects to a 50amp breaker/switch then to the vicinity of the engine compartment fuse box where the BIRD/Tombetta was located and now the LBIM is located. Perhaps you can follow wires to locate yours?
Thanks. It's a Trombetta, so the BIM may be a direct replacement, less the mount points. That would certainly be nice. Sun is setting. I'll pull the overflow tank tomorrow, get some volt readings ad start looking how I might install the BIM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201202_155203.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	27470  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum