Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:13 PM   #11
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
My experience has been different...
My 2000 Infinity had a chassis and coach disconnects - and when disconnected - everything was off...
Made it 3 months plus thru Michigan winters without needing a charge (changed oil before storage - did stop in as snow allowed to check voltage - never started or charged in that time.)

My 2014 Hurricane only has the coach battery disconnect.. Again has sat multiple months (spring/fall as we now head south for winter) with no issues for either battery...
(Except for once in my driveway when I had the coach switch set to 'use' without shore power for over a week - but my own fault there.... it did exactly what I told it to.)

Obviously something to check and understand how each unit behaves... I certainly expect 'disconnect' means everything - and would find/address anything that behaved differently
Is your "disconnect" a circuit breaker at the battery or A "store/use" switch installed just inside the door. I have installed real "disconnect" switches which physically cut the battery completely off from the coach and (you are right) I have gone to Europe for two months and the batteries are still charged when I get back. However, my "store/use" switches run the battery down in a couple of weeks if left in the "store" position. This is the third "store/use" switch I have had (two different RV manufactures) and they all have this problem.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum