Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:42 AM   #10
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
in the old days we would put a hose clamp on the drive shaft and move it after each test drive to see if it made it worse or better, the weight of the screw part of the hose clamp is enough to cause or eliminate a vibration, another problem is having a drive shaft out of phase, this happens when some one has the drive shaft out and removes the slip joint from the drive shaft and reinstalls it and does not line up the yokes of the drive shaft with the yokes of the slip shafts, when the flats of the yoke are up an and horizontal at the output of the transmission all the flats on all the yokes should line up all the way to the differential, one other problem is the drive line angle at the differential, unless the rear axle housing or leaf springs have been changed and some one left out a wedge between the housing and the leaf spring you should not have a problem with that, usually wedges are added when problems start and sometimes make problems go away or make them worse, fuzz on oil plug is normal, its a problem when you have chunks, pull the rear cover off the axle housing and inspect the gears, or have a shop do it if you are not comfortable with a DYI, I chased a vibration noise on a coach years ago and it ended up being the license plate frame on the front bumper, they only had two top screws in it and I added two more to the bottom and problem went away, I had walked past the front bumper and my pant leg caught the frame and it made the noise I was hearing, drove me nuts for a wile

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum