Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #3
Iabracing

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.2
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16711
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytis View Post
Same here. Both slides on my 34P. The screws were there at one time. They rot away. I took the bottom rails off. Big slide had flaking luan but not bad enough to replace, according to RV tech that came out to inspect it. I wrapped the corner in eternabond, applied non leveling dicor inside the trim angle, mounted it with stainless screws, and sealed with proflex clear. No more leaks. Be sure to clean, prep, and dry everything the best you can. Attachment 27483Attachment 27484
THANKS ANDYTIS! this is the view I was looking for, and I was too afraid to pull the trim off. I could see those large screw heads from one end where the trim was pulled a little further back when I removed the caulk. Did you fill those large holes with eternabond or any caulk? I thought about caulking the bottom of the trim rail underneath, but I was afraid if I did that that any water that got that far would cause more damage because it it couldn't escape out of the bottom? Thoughts? What was your reason for putting eternabond on the corners? also, did you drill out the old screws, or were you able to just retap new ones?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum