Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 03:24 PM   #50
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down South View Post
Late to the discussion but I'll probably install a second AC in my 30 amp MH. My plan is to replace the 30 amp receptacle at the MH with a 50 amp. Then run one leg of #6 wire to the existing 30 amp panel.
Install a second 30 amp panel and run the second 50 amp leg to that panel. I'll run new neural wiring as well.
On the new 30 amp panel. I'll install a breaker for the new AC and a breaker for the water heater that I want to get off of the original 30 amp circuit.
You may want to rethink that.

Your way provides no path to run the second AC (or the water heater) off the generator and provides no opportunity to run the both A/Cs in a 30/20 amp site with no 50 amp service.

Adding a second A/C to an existing 30 amp RV is a great addition, but you have to think about keeping as many options available as possible.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum