Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
westerner

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #20401
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryTh View Post
We have a 2007 Four Winds Siesta 24 SA on a Sprinter chassis. When we first got it we bottomed out coming out of some gas stations. Horrible noise when it happens on your new coach. The worst was going into my brothers drive to get to the back of his house. The road is high in the middle and his drive is really steep. Going in was bad enough but coming out I had to stop as my wife and my brother were both screaming and the coach actually stopped, hung up. When I got out to look my exhaust pipe had dug into the road and my hitch was touching the road. I had to go back up the drive a little and put a 2 x 6 in the low area to make the back end clear. When we got back home I ordered Sumo spring bumpers for the rear and had a muffler shop move the exhaust from coming out the back to the side. Now very infrequently does anything ever hit on the back, even at my brothers house.
Harry
Hi Harry thank you. Does the Sumo spring raise the rear that much? I didnt know.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum