Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 01:52 AM   #1735
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Roadrunner255

The refrigerator should operate in either the propane mode or 120v electric mode. If you set it to the auto selection it will determine which mode is best with 120v being the best to operate as long as you either have the coach plugged into shore power or have the generator running to supply 120v power. If there is no 120v power detected then it automatically switches to the propane mode. If it fails to light under the propane mode, the operating light will usually start to blink alerting you that it failed to light. You can then switch it to propane or turn it off and then back onto auto mode to go through the sequence again. When I am on the road, I usually do not have the generator running(unless it is very hot outside) and just go to the propane mode before heading out. I double check the operating light to make sure it shows it is working(no blinking light). I usually run the refrigerator the night before leaving from our house to cool it down and set it to a higher setting while on the road. If I leave it near the 8/9 setting too long, it starts to freeze everything. Not usually a problem on the road but when parked for long periods of time it can freeze everything inside.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum