Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Tie rod on older models.
Steeriing box spline on newer models.

It's a pretty simple process.
Usually one bolt.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

I have no faith in
read, remove, replace, WRONG, repeat, rebill mechanics that dealers hire and support.

People call themselves master mechanic when indeed they are take off parts cannon guys.

I might be wrong, but it's a starting point on finding out if the dealer is right.

But
Once it is centered you'll find you hold it off to one side DUE TO ROAD CROWN.
you are probably centered and experiencing road crown, the roads are sloped, and you're compensating by holding the wheel in that position.

And
Depending on their understandings and abilities, I also might tell people I won't do it.
Not because it can't be done but because I don't want to explain road crown, have you back a dozen times because the steering wheel isn't centered 'on some roads' have to reset it due to a half moa tilt, again, then again, then again because it 'bothers my ibs to see it even a degree crooked'.

It is probably a groundhogs day type nightmare once they say they can do it and Mr. OCD comes in every week for a redo.

So, while I think the parts cannon guys truly suck, I think some repairs for some folks really makes parts cannon guy wish he hadn't done the work.
I can see both sides.
Had he said 'we don't do it' I'd respect him. If he said 'it can't be done' he's pretty weak....

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum