Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
Calman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
I stayed at Bluewater Lake State Park near Prewitt (100 mile west of Albuquerque) in a pop-up camper during a trip to CA to see daughter in San Diego around 2004.

Think it was the sign and road that intrigued more than anything else. Sign was tiny and the road was unpaved and appeared headed up a small mountain.

As I recall my campsite with electrical cost me $5.00 a night and it was near the shores of Bluewater Lake which was ideal since I had a kayak on top of the Tracker. Access to the lake was free and one could fish if you had a NM Fishing License. There were a bathhouse and shower as I recall.

The night I stayed at the campground they were several 30 to 40 ft RVs that shared a magnicient show by Mother Nature. We were treated to an August moon which suddently appeared on the backside of the campground and it was close enough that it seemed it would sit on and crush us. A truly wonderful view.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.