Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
It uses less fuel because it is only 7/10ths the size.
Half the fuel consumption equates to a savings of a gallon every four hours underload.
Thats 75 cents an hour at $3 a gallon... And it's lab results under the best conditions, not real life.

You'd have to run it 5,000 just to recoup the cost, and another 5,000 to see any significant savings.

And
Take that decibel hooie as laboratory and not real life.
Too many ways to change decibels on your current unit to consider 8dB worth a swap.

If you want to do something that is better:
Order the double alternator kit, have it installed along with two extra batteries and as much inverter as you can afford, then just do away with the generator entirely.

My math might be a little off but I don't see the slightest benefit this side of 10,000 hours.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum