Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #23
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbmartiniv View Post
I haven't tried turning it around but its possible. ...cut....
Like you I'm curious as to why one motorhome didn't lift off the ground and the other did; assuming it's not due to the leveling system not working correctly on auto. Hopefully manual leveling as suggested by others will take care of it.

I was thinking of differences between motorhomes that may also contribute to differences in leveling beyond the leveling system itself. One would be that if the Thor naturally inclines down slightly at front on level road, then it would need to lift the front more to get it level. Perhaps your previous motorhome naturally inclined the other way slightly, requiring the back to lift higher. An inch or two each over 40 feet could almost go unnoticed unless it's measured.

Another possible difference between motorhomes may be if one has air suspension and or more wheel travel versus one with stiffer leaf springs. Is it possible that motorhomes with air suspension drop down (kneel) before leveling so highest corner starts out as low as possible; thereby reducing chance of any wheel coming off ground?

My experience is fairly limited with RVs (only done manual leveling with hand-operated jacks on trailers or with ramps under MH tires), but can see that a lot of variables can be involved.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum