Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
I am hooked up to 50 amp service at my home. Going to the sons house for two to three nights.
He only has a 110 receptical at the front of his garage.
Is there a safe adapter so I can use my 50 amp service cord plugged into his 110 receptical?
It will be cold (35 degrees) so I will use propane for hot water and for the furnace. But I need electric for lights and furnace fan.
I can’t run the generator because of HOA police and neighbors
Your converter will only draw 5 amps @ 120 volts so all is good to use all the 12 volt stuff. Try to avoid using any heavy draw 120 volt devices like portable electric heater, head strip on A/C or electric on water heater. The brass pins on a 15/20 amp plug will overheat in most adapters when the current draw gets above 12 amps. Do not use any of the round puck adapters if you can avoid it, as the tend to overheat even in low current draws.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum