Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #16
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdad View Post
Hello, I have a similar issue but not quite the same. My Windsport has been doing this since new from dealer (about 3 months old). Steering wheel's "neutral" position is about 10 degrees right AND the RV pulls to the right. If I hold the wheel centered then RV goes straight. Without knowing the right term is there something simple that would fix this or does it need an alignment? I could live with the wheel being off centered but having to continually steer left to keep the thing going straight is exhausting and I'd love a solution. Dealer told me to take it to Ford since they don't do any work on alignment or steering and I just want to make sure I ask for the right work to be performed. Thanks in advance!

Did you have a steering stabilizer put on? That is how they are if the stabilizer is not adjusted correctly. It’s an easy DIY adjustment if this is your problem. If you don’t have one then it’s likely a simple alignment issue. I’d recommend a truck shop or a Ford truck dealer rather than an RV shop. Probably $125 - 200 depending on the needed adjustment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.