Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor finish
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:11 PM   #13
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Don’t t blame Thor especially. They’ll be the first to tell you that most of their products are entry to mid level. Like every manufacturer they use unpainted fiberglass because it’s sturdy, shiny and cheap. When you are able to buy a whole complex house for the price of a nice pickup truck you have to know that there will be quite a few cost related concessions. I have to admit though that they could use a better quality of decal! I learned my lesson after a while and put full body paint on my “must have” list.
I'm not sure I buy that their "complex house" is the price of a nice pickup truck but I wouldn't mind it if it was sturdy (maybe) and shiny but it's not shiny..that's the problem. You can make on a budget and still maintain some quality. If they want to be Jayco, Entegra, etc....then build a good product that lasts and looks good. Like I said,....dumpt the hasbeen decals and go to bi or tri color paint and put on the clear coat. I just don't buy when they tell me it's going to get dull because it's entry level. Mercedes has an entry level 300 series and it doesn't look like shit after a few years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum