Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
donnyraybob

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
The TT or ST (Rear twin bed) models have enclosed and heated holding tanks. and do not have Tank heating pads... In cold weather, the furnace supplies the heat for the tanks. Using a space heater will not. There is a duct from the furnace that runs under the toilet platform and into the holding tank compartment. Keep thermostat comfortable inside and tanks are protected.. Your water bay is not heated and in cold (below 25) temps I put a 100 watt light bulb in a reflector in the water bay.
FWIW, the heating duct that runs forward on the passenger side to the stepwell, runs behind and alongside the fresh water tank under the bed and keeps that area warm.. (When furnace is running)

The other Siesta/Synergy models have exposed holding tanks under the RV and do have electric heating pads.

Thank you. That’s very helpful. So, if I store it outside this winter I should be keeping RV antifreeze in the grey and black tanks and fully empty the freshwater tank.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.