Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Thor finish
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 01:57 AM   #31
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone883 View Post
I have a 2017 Thor four winds and has a dull finish. what can i use or do to bring back the luster/shine?

and what finish is it? paint? gel coat?
Funny you should ask!!! We have a 2018 Windsport 29m. I had not been faithful to wax it the first couple years. Heck, I didn't even wash it very much and it showed. I found a guy in Lake Norman, NC that details boats, most all boats are Gel-Coat. He did the front and back caps, both very oxidized, for $250. Used 3m compound and a wool buffer to cut the dull coat off. First, he sprayed dawn dish soap and water mixture on it, looked like snow and that removed the wax. Anywhere water still beaded he applied more dawn til it did not bead. Compounded it, then used a product called Jescar Power Lock + Plus. It's a polymer sealant and is awesome. Use a random orbital buffer with a foam pad to apply the Jescar and run on low for a while then bump up the speed and when you see it swirling then polish til it clears, then wipe with clean rag 30 minutes later. Mine looks better than when it was new and today after we blew out our water lines and winterized it, I did the front cap just for good measure, Will do the back cap tomorrow. If your not able to do this yourself, find a boat dealership and they will know someone that does gel-coats on boats!! Good Luck; Bob Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.