Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 03:02 AM   #15
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
I am hoping this forum is being monitored by Reps from THOR or FORD. I think this will be the best place to ask the question (hopefully based on member experience or THOR or FORD Representative).

We just purchased a 2021 ACE 33.1

I did some readings from this forum about enhancements to the suspension on this coach to make the driving more stable. I am decided on replacing the Front Stabilizer, adding Rear Stabilizer and adding Sumo Springs Front and Rear.

Before we signed the documents, I asked the finance manager if doing such additions/modifications will VOID the warranty. He said YES. Unless I have those done by their In-House technicians and purchase the parts through their shop. That will cover the factory warranty.

So what is the true deal with the warranty via FORD and THOR?

I really think the upgrades I mentioned above will greatly improve the safety and handling of our coach.

What you all think???
I never even considered asking anyone about voiding the warranty on our 2018 Windsport 29m. I didn't like the way it handled even tho it was not terrible. It swayed and wind or trucks would move it when they passed us. The first thing I did myself was install Sumo Springs on the front. Made a HUGE DIFFERENCE---DO THAT FIRST!! Then I got a RoadMaster rear anti-sway bar. Tried to install it myself but I could not break the bolts with my impact gun so Camping World installed it for about $100. That was a deal. Then this summer I thought it could use new shocks, so I got the recommended one's from Bilstein and I installed them myself too after CW wanted over $1000 to install them. I ordered all 4 on line for just over $400. Two days later with the help of a 12 ton bottle jack they were on and our coach drives and handles like our Volvo!! NOT REALY but you know what I mean! Try the Sumo's on the front first before you spend money on a stabilizer. You may think like me it's not needed?? Bob Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.