Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #1741
DavidH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21444
2021 Gemini TW

I recently purchased a 2021 Gemini TW on the Ford chassis and have put a few thousand miles on it. I could not be more pleased with the ride and handling. It's smooth, plenty of power, handles well, and doesn't get blown around in cross winds. The last point was key, since it was the major reason I sold a prior Class C. The engine is quiet at speed, but there is definitely some road noise from the house part.

Gas mileage is good, but highly dependent on how you drive. Out west, speed limits are 70+ in some places. If you are traveling at that speed, mileage is 10-11 mpg. If you slow down to 60-65 mph, then the mileage increases dramatically. As others have said, it's eco or boost, but not both at the same time. One of the best parts of the drivetrain is that you can keep up with traffic through mountains, etc, although mileage will suffer somewhat. My only complaint is the 25 gallon fuel tank. Range is somewhat limited, so you need to plan accordingly. I have not driven it in bad weather yet.

With respect to quality, it's better than I expected based on comments I've read, but it is definitely built to a price. For example, some drawer catches are held on with very short screws, that pull out easily. The attachment for the front curtain is held on with a 3/8 sheet metal screw into the headliner and pulled out after one use. Had they put a short bolt with a washer behind it, that would have been much more secure. Some of the screws holding the drawers together missed the mark when it was build. An afternoon with a screwdriver, some wood glue and proper screws will make all the difference.

I have had no trouble (yet) with other things, but it's still quite new. I was told never use the cold tap on the shower, set the heater output temperature instead. I've followed that, and it seems fine. I know others have had a lot of trouble with the on demand hot water. The rapid camp seems to disconnect and need to be reset all the time. It's easy and takes a minute, but there has to be a better system.

The more time I spend in it, the better the floorplan works. There is ample storage, great space with the slide out, and turning around the front seats and using the included booster cushion makes it feel very spacious for the size. The bathroom is small though. The location of the sink is great, since it doesn't get wet from the shower, however the toilet is on a small platform, which is not ideal. If you are short, that might be something to consider.

Overall, I could not be more pleased. I think you need to know what you're buying. If you're expecting perfect out the gate, that's not it, but it is better than I'd anticipated based on what I'd read.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum