Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:25 PM   #1
galOnTheGo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
bargman connector running light pin dead

after reading my description which follows, I am looking for places to look, check for source of problem. the only next step I can think of is to trace the wires underneath looking for connectors or breaks that may have failed. that will not be easy. I think I have covered all other areas. any suggestions???

PROBLEM : I have a Bergman 7 pin trailer connector that left, right, ground work. but the running light pin is dead.
BACKGROUND : I have never towed anything, never used it. I am trying to connect a 4 pin adapter to it. the only things I need for it are left, right, running and ground I have checked and tested the fuses and relays, they are functional. I have swapped relays and fuses, no improvement.
I have removed the connector from the mount plate and visually inspected it, there are no serviceable parts, it looks okay.
SPECIFICATIONS : FORD E-450 2016 fuse distribution box, 85 positions, located under hood front drivers side.
Items of interest, all these I have tested (with multimeter) (tt = trailer tow) :
the relays : #4 = tt battery charge relay; #6 = tt park relay; #17 = tt battery charge; #18 = tt brake controller; #37 = tt left relay; #38 = tt right relay;
the fuses : 17 = tt battery; 18 = tt brake; 48 = tt stop & directional; 57 = tt park; 58 = tt backup; 63 = tt battery charge.

I have not looked at the passenger compartment fuse box as the only relevant items are 33 = trailer brake controller and 44 = tt battery charge relay both of which are not relevant to the driving light pin.

am I missing anything? what do you suggest? start tracing wires??

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum