Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 11:00 PM   #114
galOnTheGo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
worth it!?! it is a MUST! it was easy, it was cheap. what is not to like? 4x100w panels at about 100$ each. the controller was 250$ wires, about 50. brackets, 100$ - they are tiltable. so about 800$. will I ever make that money back? nope. but, was it fun doing? YUP. does it make Rv'ing easier? without a doubt. We went to a campground that had one spot open, no hook-ups. We took it. No Problem! We love solar. when we want to stop, we stop. sure I could run my generator, but I would rather not. I have never run my generator, not that we have been out that much, yet. I had solar on my house, when I had a house. my electric bill was 9$ a month, the cost of having an account. BGE, the electric company, paid me about 400$ a year in what I was overproducing. I still smile about that. did I make my money back? maybe not. when we sold our house, it sold without listing, there were people waiting for us to leave that wanted the house. one reason, the solar. if you could have an RV with solar or about the same rv without solar, what would be the cost difference that would influence your decision? would a 150K rv with solar be your choice over a 149K rv without? my choice is always solar. (we paid 53K for our rv, 2 years used, 25k miles) we have had our RV for just over a year now, put over 6K in upgrades, all done by us. solar was the 3rd thing we put on. we love our new home. the electric companies can go pound sand as far as I am concerned.
btw, item 1 was surge protector, item 2 was tire monitors, item 4 was the spare tire.
sure you can do without, to each their own. to us, solar is a must! just like all items 1-4.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.