Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 02:10 AM   #125
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
About to pull the trigger on used 2015 Axis 25.1 12,000 miles with a lot of extras .. In motion sat, safe t bar steering stabilizer, heavy duty sway bar and trax bar, black tank flush, Oxygenucs shower head, among others. My question is are all those extras needed? Or am I am paying for things I don't need??
Thanks in advance!
I have found that you seldom get your money back for the things you "add on" to your RV or boat nor do the the prices paid for used RV's with lots of add ons seem to be much higher than those that do not. Sellers and dealers would like you to think that the price should be higher, but unless the supply is really limited, they often or not. My point is, when I make an offer on an RV (new or old) I start with the lowest price I can find for that unit and go from there. I tell the seller that I could care less about the "add ons" and that I can buy a similar unit at X price and why should I pay more for his. I have put over 26,000 miles on two Axis/Vegas 24.1's with none of the add ons you list (except the shower head - about $30) and I did not miss any of them. Nice to have? Maybe... Make the coach worth a lot more ... probably not unless you really have to have any of them and you are planning to put them in after you buy it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum