Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 03:17 AM   #20
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
CHF did not work if you like your teeth and back

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwilcox View Post
Looking for a Central Florida business that can provide good recommendations and perform such upgrades to my ACE 29.4. We live in The Villages, Fl. Greatly appreciate any input.
I drove my rig, similar to yours, from dealer in TX to AL, back to TX and then onward home to NV. White knuckle driving, we got caught in a bad storm a couple times. I have a background in wheels, tires, alignment, I owned a Tire and Front end shop that did everything from cars to 18 wheeler alignments, one of the first on the east coast to have a computer off the truck tire balancing machine for these types of wheel/tire combos.

Alignment a MUST! mine was off 1/4 in toe out. In 2000 miles ate the inner edge of the front tire.. I knew it was bad, shame on dealers for sending out units without this being done. I got Thor to pay for it. It is was not steerable with one hand.. Camber was fine, do not remember caster, as normally if the right side is 1/2 degree or more positive then the left you leave be. It can be adjusted by inserting shims on top the spring assembly to tile the axle. I do not know about the above recommendations, what caster does is keep you from pulling to left or right. In pre-power steering days it was set more positive.

CHF. I did it myself in a parking lot. Yes, it changed the roll, however the side effect was a stiff ride, so every little bump your front tires crossed came to your seat and steering wheel. And dash. Any imperfection in surface was felt. Even the stuff they fill in the cracks with you felt.. I undid my CHF, to much damage to the dash and my back.

Rear Trac bar -- had installed when install price went on sale. I helped. I had them do the rear CHF, and still have that. When hit with heavy crosswinds I drive fine. trucks flying by no problems.

Sumo Springs. I bought a set, and ended up the wrong size somehow, but I was able to make them work, basically a cushion to absorb big change in front end, ie, a big pothole. They are not active when driving normal so will mot help the handing.

Hours behind the wheels.. works very well.

The above combinations have worked very well for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.