Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #9
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Things WILL get better! Repairs are part of the RV lifestyle but I’d expect you will get many years of good service from your new coach once you get the “new bugs” out of it. It certainly is disappointing that the manufacturers and dealers don’t do a better job but they don’t and there you are. The good news is that the items on your list are all easily fixed. Should be quick and easy under your warranty but - another fact of RV life - some dealers are better than others with warranty work. If yours is “difficult” you can take it to an independent RV repair shop that does warranty work (you can’t do this with cars but it’s common with RVs). Or better yet you can fix it yourself and in so doing learn lots about your machine.

The leak is scary but very common and generally easy to fix. They don’t tell you this when you buy them but you MUST inspect your roof and side walls closely several times a year. You should be on your roof in your hands and knees and on a ladder for the sides. Look for a smooth even, clearly visible, well bonded bead of sealant around every joint, seam, window, edge and penetration. I do this every 3 or 4 months because I learned the expensive lesson well with a past unit. It is somewhat unusual for me to not find something that needs to be addressed. Also don’t use silicone for sealing. Use RV specific self leveling lap sealant on the roof and urethane sealant on the sides. There is a learning curve to these things, but once you get the hang of it you’ll love it. Stay in touch here as these are terrific, helpful friendly people who will be glad to help and answer your questions . Good luck,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.