Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 08:21 PM   #15
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I
...cut...
The only "odd" item I see is there are two shore power cords (for his 5th wheel by what I understand), you only have to use one. There is also shown the OEM converter... it is there to only be connected externally, to eliminate all confusion, like an emergency back-up.
I think I found you an answer. It's on his page under Note 1:

"Note 1
Optionally, I show two main shore power cables. When using an external generator (either portable or truck mounted) it is often convenient to have a shore power cable at the front of the rig. You simply use another 50-amp transfer switch - that way you can't have both "live" at once, or energize the other plug. This is obviously optional, but when wiring the transfer switches and deciding where to break into the main shore power cord you might consider leaving enough slack in the line to accommodate a future transfer switch if you decide not to do this right away."

I read what people share. I have the most skin in the game so it's on me to do my homework and complete my reading assignments

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum