Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #11
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
I do hope you're able to start enjoying your new RV soon.

As someone who has owned three travel trailers, and is waiting on delivery of an RV, I can say that most of those things are relatively "normal" - having to tighten up plumbing, fix the odd drawer or door latch that is a little off ... All three of my trailers have had things like that. The current one came with a bad water pump. Rather than replace it under warranty I replaced it myself with a variable speed pump that's sooooo much quieter! In terms of the roof, the first thing I've done after getting a new trailer is buy a couple tubes of lap sealant, climb up onto the roof, and add sealant to anything that looks suspect or that is especially critical (like the front-cap and end-cap seams). I plan to do the same with my RV once it's delivered. Should one have to do these things? No, but it's the price of affordability.

Generally speaking, roof leaks are something that takes top priority. Letting a roof leak go for any amount of time can cause significant damage. I do hope you're able to get that one addressed adequately very quickly. (And of course, I've no idea if my approach would have prevented it.) That's probably my single biggest concern with any new trailer and now RV, that I'll miss something and not notice a leak quickly enough.

Generally, once these initial things have been dealt with, they're good for a long while and can be easily enjoyed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum