Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 05:55 PM   #18
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
Here again, I'm struggle. He shows the converter/charger strictly wired to external power, using the word "ONLY". The source is indiscernible in my hoped plan with the inverter logic to make an unknown, known.

I may just have to knuckle under and use the Inverter's CB so it doesn't see external 120 coming to it from anywhere and only output it.
You want to be looking at the "inline" diagram:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inverter_inline.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	27638

The difference is the non-inline diagram is setup if you only want to run specific outlets off the inverter.

With the inline diagram you're simply taking the output of the inverter and running it to the input of the A/C panel (basically putting it in between the coaches transfer switch and the A/C panel). This does mean that you have to realize that, when running on the inverter, you won't have the power available to run the air conditioning or the microwave. Running a sub panel only to specific outlets makes that a "hard decision" in that the air conditioning or microwave simply won't run.

I'm not sure why you don't think the inverter will be smart enough to charge/not charge based on voltage at its inputs. That is part of the basic function of the inverter/charger combo.

The thing is you have to make sure there aren't any additional chargers running off of 120V in the system.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum