Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 06:15 PM   #11
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX247 View Post
in the good old days I would have done that. But now with there being zero inventory and COVID I had to have it shipped to me from another state. I had assumed the dealer would have at least checked things out (but that was a mistake). Also, the big issue was the slide and that broke after multiple times so they would not have caught that.
You didn't have to have it shipped.
You chose to have it shipped.
Someone reading your post may be lead to believe there are no on-lot purchases anymore.

It's a MotorHome. It could have been your first adventure.
Had you stayed in it and made the salesman run that slide in and out 25 times, you'd have been fine.

You know who I have great respect for here?
Dkoldman.
He turned down quite a few of them once seeing them in person and he took advice really well... THEN he bought a MotorHome.
You'd think he's owned one for 29 years if you read his advice now.

I didn't write this for the op. I'm only using op as an example of what not to do because the op was handy and open about the decisions made.
I wrote it for those who might think trusting a vehicle salesperson long distance is a good idea.
No culture in the entire world says to trust them eye to eye, let alone at an interstate distance.
And
You can't REALLY think a transient salesperson is going to personally inspect the work of the transient, lowest on the lot, mop and glo person?
I'm fairly certain from little stories I've heard, that profit of the dealer is charged back from the dealer for some fixes. Money given to, then taken away from maybe a month later, the salesperson.
And
If the salesperson counters with 'I've worked here for 12 years', let me tell you, it's not talent that he's there. It's lack of talent that he's there. Peter principal petered out.

You're a number. You're not a personality...and you won't even be there, nor be able to get there, nor have any recourse against the place you bought the rv.

Signed,
Contracted maybe 10,000 car sales in my day.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum