Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 08:38 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
You do need to make sure the coach is level.... within reason.... when using the slides.

As far as flex in the chassis when using the levelers is concerned..... I will no longer use Auto Level because of the stress it places on the chassis.

Coaches that have large slides.... especially full wall slides.... have very little structural wall support. When you use the levels, the chassis and the walls are going to flex from the twisting of the frame.

While Auto Level is good in theory, it can't see, think and reason like you and me. I have seen Auto Level put more stress on the coach than is necessary to get things level. I think it contributed to the structural issue with my front cap / cab-over of my Magnitude.... although the real issue was screws that were too short and not enough screws.

Eventually the front cap started moving enough to break screws and the amount of flex became very visible and even some gaps depending on how the coach was leveled.

I now put down three small levels on the floor... one up front.... one in the middle... and one towards the rear once parked. I then manually drop the jacks until they just touch the ground. Then I manually level the coach with as little jack movement as possible.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum