Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Jacks
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #14
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatics View Post
The main (not all) failure points of all hydraulics is fluid contamination. Can come from dirt on the cylinder piston rods getting pulled back into the cylinder, which eventually ends up back in the valve manifold and the tank. Can be introduced in the tank when filling. Can be because a hose was not cleaned after fabrication. I hope you changed the fluid 100% in the tank and inspected the bottom for debris. I would recommend that you cycle the jacks and use them several times and then change the fluid again. These units don't have a flush port and nobody has a kidney loop filter around (a Hydraulic device for cleaning fluids). ATF is cheap, jacks are not.
They use ATF fluid? I can see it. Just a little surprised. ATF's are hydraulic at the end of the day.

Wonder if you can install a 'shift kit' to make them deploy and retract faster (I'm joking).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.