Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakeman48 View Post
Need to vent. Just finished winterizing my 2016 Hurricane 35C.
I really like to meet with the engineer that decided the best place for the water heater nylon drain plug was directly behind the propane gas piping.
PS: In a dark alley. There will be blood but most of that from the cuts on my hand from the exhaust flanges. ������
Not that this helps with the cuts.... The original aluminum water tank design was made by Bowen in 1966. I had a 6 gallon Bowen in my 1968 UltraVan. It was gas with pilot light and external thermostat. The pilot light blew out on windy days and while traveling. In 1972 Dometic bought Bowen and added an optional "fire stick" battery powered electric ignition. When the fire stick ignition became standard with a circuit board powering it, they moved the gas line, did away with the adjustable thermostat and did away with the removable external cover replacing it with a bottom hinged cover. Nothing of the original tank's design has changed. The tank, heat tube and burner are the same as the old Bowen design.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum